Survey types in Survey&Report
Respondent surveys can only be answered by those who have been connected to it via a unique username and password. A public survey public can be answered by anyone with access to the link to the survey.
- A respondent survey is used when you know who your respondents are and want to make sure that only they attempt. This survey type also enables you to add information to a respondent category which you knew beforehand. For example the gender or age of the respondent.
- The respondent can be imported to the survey in various ways: From a file, a respondent database and from another survey. With the Plug-In SR-LDAP it is also possible to import respondents from your Active Directory or another directory service. Afterwards the link to the survey can be sent to the respondents in a personalized email from the program.
- You also have the possibility to answer the questions on behalf of your respondents directly in the program, for instance if you run a survey over the phone. If you are working with an anonymous respondent survey it is possible to see who has answered, but not who has given what answers.
- To distribute your public survey to as many respondents as possible you can publish a link to the survey on your web site or in your intranet, or send it out via email directly from the program.
- You can also create a script on your web site which will open the survey in a Pop-up window. Having that option enables you to perform small surveys, for instance daily voting’s which show the frequency division of all participants afterwards.
- In order to prevent a person from submitting their answers multiple times you can specify how often or how many times it is possible to answer the survey from an individual computer